Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Writing Critique #2

I really liked how Ceilli wrote her letter response in such a personal manner. Not only was she speaking directly to Mr. Darcy, but she brought up events such as their first meeting to address how her opinions of him have changed over time. I also liked how she brought up the idea of family coming first, which is a huge theme of the entire novel. I also found the way she ended the letter to be perfect. Elizabeth did not entirely let her guard down and ask for his hand in marriage, but showed that she knew she was in the wrong and would not blame him for not forgiving her 100%. That is something that I would definitely expect from Elizabeth, based on what we know of her character. It seems like Ceilli may have struggled with the language of the time, but I don't blame her, it's really difficult. Overall, I thought this was a good letter and enjoyed reading it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment