Thursday, January 13, 2011

Writing Critique #6

Just like everything of Rachel's that I read- I absolutely loved this letter response! Rachel's use of language from the text was on point. I felt like I was reading Jane Austen's words. She succeeds in describing Elizabeth's point of view on everything Mr. Darcy had expressed in his letter, and describes it exactly as could be expected of Elizabeth due to her character's strengths and flaws. Not only does Elizabeth address that she was wrong in this letter, but she stands up for herself and explains why she acted as she did. Due to Elizabeth's strength and independence that we know her to have, doing this suits her perfectly. I don't think Rachel could have closed this letter in a better way. She tied all the loose ends and finished it off with one last apology. I really enjoyed reading this letter and think Rachel did an amazing job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment