Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Writing Critique #4

Brittany uses an amazingly wide vocabulary, which I absolutely loved about her letter. She also used many words and expressions straight out of the book, which made the letter have a strong sense of the era that it took place in. I specifically loved when she said, "To me you were the most despicable man held captive by pride, when all along it has been me who suffered from the true abominable pride". In this one sentence, Brittany not only shows that Elizabeth is not afraid of admitting to her mistakes, but addresses how she had felt about Mr. Darcy earlier in the story. Overall, Brittany's letter was short, sweet, and to the point, which is how I would actually expect Elizabeth to write due to what we know of her character. She successfully cleared the air with Mr. Darcy, and made it clear that it was an apologetic letter for everything that had gone wrong between them to that day. I think Brittany did a really good job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment